Description

How the diagnosis of an autoimmune immune deficiency disease filled me with more Grace
than I ever imagined and how I am now living in that Grace each day.


Saturday, June 2, 2012

MeatLove Dinner

I like to cook. A lot. One of the things that has upset me most about being sick is that I have not been able to cook healthy, delicious meals for my family every evening. We have been blessed by so many during my illness, and tonight was an unexpected surprise. One of Carl's co-workers informed him yesterday that she would be bringing us a meal. 


Tonight we feasted on a yummy meatloaf, roasted new potatoes, lemon asparagus, garden salad and ice cream for dessert. She even made a big mamma-jamma meatloaf which will allow hubby to have his beloved cold meatloaf and mayo sandwiches for lunch this week!


I was able to sit at the pool for a bit this evening and chat with some friends, was surprised by some special friends from Charleston who were in town and stopped by the pool to give me hugs and make me cry (Thanks Jennifer and Eddie!!!), and came home to a hot delicious meal followed by a nap. Thank you Lord for watching over our family. (Did I mention she brought along paper plates and plastic dinnerware so there was no cleanup? Thanks, Kalie!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment