Description

How the diagnosis of an autoimmune immune deficiency disease filled me with more Grace
than I ever imagined and how I am now living in that Grace each day.


Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Bill I Can Pay

Usually when I get a medical bill, it goes something like this: 


I don't open it for at least 2-3 days. Maybe more. Maybe it even becomes overdue. When I open it, I cry. Then I calm down, and if it is within one of our networks, I call and add it to the ever increasing amount on our AccessOne card, which is a medical credit card of sorts where we make monthly payments. Then I cry and immediately feel guilty because I have caused our family to go into MORE debt, even though it's Medical Debt, but still. If it's NOT within that network, I calm down, and call the provider and try to set up some kind of payment plan that they don't want to do, then I start crying and begin to tell them my story, and end up with a payment that is usually at least $20 more than I want to pay but at least we won't be handed over to collections. 


Today, I finally opened the Radiology bill from the hospital because it's Saturday and I can't do anything about it anyway. It included all of the Radiology stuff from both hospital stays in May. 2x Chest x-rays, 2x CT Abdomen and Pelvis WITH contrast (they probably charge more for that nasty stuff and I KNOW they charged extra for the glow in the dark Gatorade they made me drink in the ER, but they were both the same even though I provided my OWN Sprite for the second one!!), and 2x Ultrasound of Abdomen. 


Here is a picture of what I saw: 


People, can you see this??? Our family's out of pocket for all these procedures, after insurance and writing off a ton of stuff because we have met my out of pocket for the year, is $5.51. Five dollars and fifty one cents. I whipped out my check book and wrote that check with a smile on my face, and it's ready to go. Praise the Lord for amazing insurance. We are still paying off the other thousands of dollars from last year and earlier this year, but this was the most amazing doctor bill I have ever opened and I wanted to share with my praying friends!


Where have you seen Jesus smile on you lately when you were least expecting it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment